Sunday, November 19, 2017

Alternate blog address

I started my journey as a blogger eight years back in 2009. My first blog address was with "blogger (brijeshbmehta.blogspot.com)", a blog service from Google where I posted 11 articles. After few years precisely in 2012, I came across another blog service provider "WordPress ". I found WordPress more user-friendly than blogger and posted 536 articles including reblogged in five years! Every time I check the stats of my blog, I feel good with the progress I made in these years, in terms of page view and followers; all thanks to "wordpress.com". It is very easy to automatically share your article on WordPress to many social media platforms. I am very much thankful to all my readers who continuously supported me. Recently, I had a discussion on revenue generation from blog with my multi-talented brother and one of my friend who is working on digital marketing. They advise me to buy a personal domain so that I can register my website on Google AdSense and generate some revenue out of it. But I argue that I can not be consistent enough to generate sufficient traffic for my website and may end up paying domain charges without generating any revenue. So I decided to return to "blogspot" because it provides me to link my AdSense account even without custom domain. However, I don't want to leave my WordPress readers as well. Finally I came up with an idea of posting same article on both blog sites and analyse traffic for the same, which will help me to take decision in long run.
I really need advise from senior bloggers. So I request you to provide your valuable suggestions in comments or mail me at brijeshbmehta@gmail.com.










No comments:

Post a Comment